Consistency in cooking is slow death!! Beat your routine & experiment ❤
What’s better than cooking your routine stuffs with a little more fun?!! Last week, I decided to add capsicum to my usual paneer recipe and it came out so yummy!!! This is an easy to do & hard to go wrong recipe 😀
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Paneer, Capsicum, Onions, Tomatoes, Ginger, Garlic, Cream, 10-15 Cashews, Red Chilies, Red Chili powder, Turmeric powder, Garam masala, Coriander powder, Jeera
- Heat oil in a pan and add cashews to it.
- Grind cashews to form a paste and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, again heat some oil and add ginger, garlic & onions to it. Saute till onions look translucent.
- Add tomatoes and once they are well cooked, cool it down and grind this mixture with red chilies.
- Heat oil again in the pan and add jeera.
- Once jeera splutters, add capsicum & salt.
- Cook capsicum until they are tender. Add onion tomato paste to this.
- Add turmeric, red chili, coriander powder & garam masala. Keep in low flame and keep mixing till the raw smell of turmeric goes away and it looks consistent.
- Add cashew paste, cream and paneer. Mix for 1 min and switch off the gas.
Your creamy paneer capsicum masala is now ready! Serve hot with jeera rice or flatbread.
Serve hot with jeera rice!!
Note: 1. Cut the paneer into small cubes.
2. You can fry paneer in shallow oil till they are crispy on the outside.
3. Ensure you keep the gas in low flame & be continuously stirring after adding the onion tomato paste. This paste splutters if you don’t keep mixing it.