My recipes are special..Ingredients, innovation and a huge bucket full of love ❤
Who has a craze for cooking biryani because of something you happened to see in a movie that day? Sounds crazy isn’t it? THAT’S PERFECTLY ME!! 😀 I recently saw a movie which revolved around a family biryani shop. It totally got me motivated to try veg dum biryani the very next morning. It wasn’t all that hard. I was so proud of my tray full of fancy cooking that motivated all my friends to come over for a sumptuous filling meal.
This recipe is a MUST TRY 😀
Cooking level: Moderate
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Bake Time: 30 mins
Biryani masala, ginger garlic paste, 1 cup yoghurt, red chili powder, turmeric, raisins, cashews, oil, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, jeera, salt, 2 cups of Basmati rice,
Veggies: Potatoes, onions, beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas, mint, coriander leaves
- Half boil the potatoes, peel the skin and cut it into small cubes.
- Thin slice onions and fry in oil till they are golden brown. Keep 1/4 of it aside to be used later.
- In a pan, add little oil with the following – bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick & jeera.
- Add ginger garlic paste to this and fried onions. (not the one set aside)
- Add little salt, red chili, turmeric and fry for 2 mins.
- Add potatoes, beans, carrots, cauliflower & green peas. Add good amount of biryani masala and cook in low flame till the veggies are tender.
- Add yogurt to this and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves to this and switch off the flame.
- Add oil, bay leaf & jeera in a pan. Once jeera splutters, add Basmati rice.
- Keep mixing for 2-3 mins and add 4 cups of water.
- Close the lid and let the rice cook in medium flame.
- Switch off the flame once the rice is cooked.
Dum Biryani Layering
- In an aluminium tray, have a layer of cooked veggies. Keep aside half of the cooked veggies for the next layer.
- Add a layer of cooked rice. Again, keep aside half of it. To the layered rice, add fried onions, mint and coriander leaves.
- Repeat the layer of cooked veggies and rice again. Garnish with the remaining fried onions, mint and coriander.
- Bake in oven at 200 F for 25 mins.
Note: Even if you are vegetarian, you can use chicken biryani powder for an extra special aroma & taste.
Serve hot with onion raita & do your happy dance!!! ❤ ❤ ❤